Nautilus, Inc. (NLS) on August 6th reported its unaudited operating results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Uncertainty in the NLS financial guidance for the reminder of the year 2012, stated by Bruce M. Cazenave, Nautilus’s Chief Executive Officer, caused a negative market impact for Nautilus stock:
We believe that the improved operating results we experienced in the first half of the year are not indicative of likely results for the remainder of the year
Nautilus financial highlights for the second quarter 2012:
- Net sales totaled $39.6 million, an increase of 14.0% compared to net sales of $34.7 million for the same quarter in 2011
- Gross margin improved 150 basis points to 43.4%, compared to 41.9% for the same quarter in 2011.
- Operating margin improved 670 basis points over the same period last year.
- Loss from continuing operations was $0.5 million, compared to loss from continuing operations of $2.2 million for the same period last year.
- Loss per diluted share from continuing operations was $(0.02), compared to $(0.07) for the same quarter a year ago.
Nautilus financial highlights for six months ended June 30, 2012:
- Income from continuing operations was $2.2 million, compared to loss from continuing operations of $1.1 million for the same period last year.
- Income per diluted share from continuing operations was $0.07, compared to loss per diluted share of $(0.03) for the same period a year ago.
- Net sales for the Direct segment were $24.7 million , an increase of 10.0% over the comparable period last year, reflecting strong demand for the Company’s cardio products.
- Operating income for the Direct segment improved to $1.0 million compared to Direct segment operating loss of $1.0 million for the second quarter 2011.
- Net sales for the Retail segment were $14.0 million, an increase of 22.9% compared to the second quarter last year.
- Operating income for the Retail segment was $1.1 million, a 24.8% increase over the same quarter last year mainly attributable to higher sales.
16400 SE Nautilus Drive
Vancouver, WA 98683
Nautilus, Inc. is a pure fitness company that provides tools and education necessary to help people achieve a fit and healthy lifestyle. With a brand portfolio that includes Nautilus, Bowflex, Schwinn Fitness, Universal and CoreBody Reformer, Nautilus manufactures and markets a complete line of innovative health and fitness products through direct, retail, specialty and international channels.